In order to give Au Pairs and host families an orientation of the educational system for languages we summerized the 6 different catagories below. In some countries it is required to have a certain language level so that the Au Pair may apply for a visa.
Basic User is the most common required language level in Europe
- The Au Pair understands everyday expressions and very basic phrases
- Can introduce one’s self and is able to answer simple questions about personal details (e.g. Hello my name is..., I’m from..., etc.)
- The Au Pair understands sentences and frequently used expressions in areas of basic personal and familiy information, shopping, local geography, employment
- The Au Pair understands main phrases related to topics of work, school, leisure time.
- Is able to produce simple texts which are of personal interest.
- Is able to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
- The Au Pair understands the main idea of comlex texts
- Is able to produce clear, detailed texts
- Can name andvantages and disadvantages of a certain topic
- The Au Pair understands long and demaning texts
- Is able to talk fluently and spontaneously
- Can write very complex texts
- is accepted around the world for higher education study and work
- The Au Pair understands everything (spoken and written) and is able to answer correctly
- Is able to talk spontaneously, very fluently and precisely in complex situations
If you want to get more information please click here