Become an Au Pair in Sweden and enjoy an amazing experience in the land of the northern lights. As an Au Pair in Sweden you will have the opportunity to experience the Swedish lifestyle and get to learn or improve your language skills, so in case you are considering to become an Au Pair in Sweden, we'll provide you with all the important information on the Au Pair program.
- Requirements for Becoming an Au Pair in Sweden
- Duties and Responsibilities of an Au Pair in Sweden
- Visa Requirements
- Pocket Money
- Au Pair Blog and stories
- Age: 18-30
- Working Hours: a maximum of 25 hours/week
- Pocket Money: 3500 SEK/month
- Travel Expenses: to cover by the Au Pair
- Insurance: if you come from a EU-country member you can apply for the European Health Insurance Card in your country. Together with your EHIC, we recommend you to make sure you will have a liability and accident insurance valid for the whole stay.
If you don't come from any of the EU-country members, then you will need to close a private health, accident and liability insurance to cover you during the whole Au Pair stay.
- Visa Requirements: if you are not from a EU-country member, a visa will be required for your Au Pair stay.
Can I become an Au Pair in Sweden?
- You are between 18 and 30 years old
- You are healthy and don't smoke
- You have a good command of Swedish or a good command of English
- If you have experience with children, your chances will be higher!
What are my duties as an Au Pair?
As an Au Pair, your main repsonsabilities will be taking care of the children and doing some light household duties. Also, some of the Au Pairs will be required to talk to the children in their mother tongue so that the kids can learn a new language.
If you are not from a EU-country member, you will be required to have a visa to enjoy an Au Pair stay in Sweden. In order to apply for your visa, you will have to contact the Swedish embassy placed in your residence country and send your application, but make sure you inform yourself about the requirements and documents you will need in the first place.
In order for you to get an idea, following you will find a short list of the documents Au Pairs generally need for a visa application:
1. A signed Au Pair contract
2. A valid ID card or passport
3. A health report
4. An invitation letter written by the Host Family
How much pocket money will I get?
Au Pairs in Sweden earn around 3500 SEK per month but both your pocket money amount and your working hours will depend on the Host Family you live with.
What does becoming an Au Pair in Sweden cost?
At a Glance:
- Fee for the Au Pair agency (if you choose one)
- Travel expenses
- Visa expenses
- Presents for the Host Family
What about my insurance?
EU-Au Pairs can and should apply for the European Health Insurance Card in their home country so that they will be entitled to medical assistance in their future host country. However, it is highly recommended for them to get an accident and liability insurance to cover them during the whole Au Pair stay.
Non-EU Au Pairs will have to close a private health, accident and liability insurance. Protrip-world will help you find the perfect insurance package for you so that you won't have to worry during your whole Au Pair stay!.
Au Pair blogs and stories - Share your experience
Have you already had the opportunity to enjoy an Au Pair stay in Sweden? Share it with us on AuPair.net!