Turkey will offer you an unforgettable experience in a country where the Au Pair program is still quite new. Lots of Turkish Host Families are waiting for their perfect Au Pair in order to get to learn a new culture and share theirs with you!
- Requirements for Becoming an Au Pair in Turkey
- Duties and Responsibilities of an Au Pair in Turkey
- Visa Requirements
- Pocket Money
- Au Pair Blog and stories
- Age: 18-30 years old
- Working Hours: a maximum of 30 hours/week
- Pocket Money: 500 TRY/month
- Travel Expenses: to cover by the Au Pair
- Insurance: as an Au Pair in Turkey you will need to make sure you will have a health, accident and liability insurance to cover you during the whole stay. We recommend you to discuss it with your Host Family so that they can provide you with the necessary information and let you know if they are willing to pay for its costs.
- Visa Requirements: you will need to apply for a visa to become an Au Pair in Turkey
Can I become an Au Pair in Turkey?
- You are between 18 and 30 years old
- You are healthy and don't smoke
- You can communicate in Turkish or have a good command of English
- If you have experience with children, your chances will be higher!
What are my duties as an Au Pair?
As an Au Pair, your main duties will be related to child care and this might involve light household in some cases.
You will need to apply for a visa in order to become an Au Pair in Turkey. How? Very easy!
In the first place, we recommend you to get all the information at the Turkish embassy placed in your country, where your visa will be issued if you fulfill all the requirements. Ask about the personal requirements you will need to fulfill and the documents they will need you to provide them with.
Following you will find a short list of the documents Au Pairs generally need for a visa application:
1. A signed Au Pair contract
2. A valid ID card or passport
3. A health report
4. An invitation letter
How much pocket money will I get?
In Turkey, Au Pairs can expect to earn 500 TRY per month but this will depend on your future Host Family.
What does becoming an Au Pair in Turkey cost?
At a Glance:
- Fee for the Au Pair agency (if you choose one)
- Travel expenses
- Visa expenses
- Presents for the Host Family
What about my insurance?
As an Au Pair in Turkey you will have to close a private health, accident and liability insurance. Discuss with your Host Family about who will be the one bearing the costs.
Protrip-world will help you find the perfect insurance package for you so that you won't have to worry during your whole Au Pair stay!.
Au Pair blogs and stories - Share your experience
If you happen to have lived an Au Pair experience in Turkey, we would love to hear from you and your amazing stories. Don't hesitate to write your story, tips and personal opinions on AuPair.net!