If you are a big fan of palaces and fairy tails as a part of the history, Austria might be just the right country for you!
Learn German with a native Host Family in Austria, one of the most magic countries in the world. Enjoy the advantages of living in a big city like Vienna or experience the quite life in the mountains, Austria has it all.
- Requirements to become an Au Pair in Austria
- Duties and Responsibilities of an Au Pair in Austria
- Visa Requirements
- Pocket Money
- Age: 18- 30 years old
- Working Hours: a maximum of 18 hours/week
- Pocket Money: 425,70 euro/month
- Travel Expenses: to cover by the Au Pair
- Insurance: Au Pairs that come from an EU member country should apply for the European Health Insurance Card to be entitled to medical care once in Austria. Also, an accident and liability insurance should be contracted.
If the au pair is not from an EU country a private health, accident and liability insurance must be closed before the stay begins.
- Visa Requirements: Au Pairs from a non-EU country has to apply for a visa once they have found a suitable host family in Austria.
Can I become an Au Pair in Austria?
- You are between 18 and 30 years old (non-EU citizens: 18-28 years).
- You are healthy and don't smoke
- You have a good command of German or can communicate in English
- If you have experience with children, your chances will be higher!
The main responsibility of an Au Pair will be to take care of the children and perfom some duties related to child care. This will involve duties such as taking the children to school and picking them up, preparing light food, playing with them and making sure they are in good hands while their parents are not around.
You will be required to apply for a visa if you don't belong to an EUcountry. In that case, we recommend you to inform yourself at the Austrian embassy placed in your home country so you will get to know the personal requirements you need to fulfill and the documents you need to bring for your visa application.
Au Pairs in Austria are entitled to get a monthly amount of 425,70 euro.
If you are from a EU country you need to apply for the European Health Insurance Card in your home country. You should think of an additional insurance though.
This post is also available in: German