The organization of an au pair stay becomes serious, once both parties sign the contract to agree on all conditions about the stay. In this agreement au pairs and host families find rules about all the responsibilities and duties of both parties.
Important points of the contract
- Period of stay with the host family
- Start and end date of the stay
- Detailed description of the au pair’s room, board and other things that the family provides to the au pair.
- All tasks of the child care should be mentioned
- Timetable for the au pair
- health insurance regulations and the agreement on who will pay for it
- Pocket money and paid holidays
- Guidelines about the notice period
- Agreement that the au pair will have the time to visit a language course
- Contact details of both parties should be included, too
For further information, check here
This post is also available in: German