Would you like to find out how to become an au pair? You are ready to fulfill all duties and responsibilities of an au pair? You have informed yourself on the visa requirements of your ideal host country and made sure that you meet these?
To become an au pair you need to find a host family before going abroad.
If you choose a matching agency like AuPair.com, you need to follow these steps:
- Register online as an au pair
- Create an attractive profile for host families where you will add some pictures of yours with family, friends. Make sure you add all the important information your future host family should know (describe your family and your daily routine, your expectations, what you will be offering and why you would be the perfect au pair)
- Once your profile is activated, you can start looking at profiles of different host families and either send them a free request or add them to your favorites list.
- If you contact with a premium member host family who is interested, they will have the chance to send you personalized messages that you can answer. Don’t forget that either the au pair or the host family must have a premium account to communicate through private messages.
- By becoming a premium member, you will get to speed the process by contacting host families through personalised messages and they will be able to write you back.
- After exchanging emails with your potential host families, we recommend to set up a video call (Skype) to get to know each other and talk about the contract and the conditions of your future stay.
- If both parties get along well and agree on the terms you can sign the Au Pair contract
- Prepare for your arrival and make sure you have all documents you will need during your stay (visa if needed, insurance, valid personal documents, etc.)
- Enjoy the experience!
This post is also available in: German